Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Random: Why Live Nation Sucks

How a $25 Yonder Mountain String Band ticket turns into $41.22



$11.07 in charges. Boy, that sucks. I reluctantly sign in, choose the free print-your-own-ticket option, and then reach the final 'submit' screen where this little gem awaits...

Add Image
...at which point I cancel my order, and then drive to the box office of the Fox Theater to pay face for my John Prine ticket. After that, I cruise by the box office of Variety Playhouse to pay face for Railroad Earth and face for Dark Star Orchestra. Finally, I go home and start filling out my mail order form for Furthur. I sit back and think to myself, "Gee, this is great. I'm finally at a point in my life where I am able to say 'no' to things that don't make sense."

I pop a cold beer.

[Note: This is back-dated so as not to instantly appear on our homepage. But Jarrett actually wrote this on December 29th.]